(3/4) Odometry Check
Ensure odometry is working well
- Align the bot appropriately to test 3-4 meters of linear, straight distance without an angular component. Test using the following command in Terminal:
rostopic pub /cmd_vel geometry_msgs/Twist "linear: x: 0.0 y: 0.0 z: 0.0 angular: x: 0.0 y: 0.0 z: 0.0"
- Restart motor
- Check odom pose is zero.
- Publish only linear vel x: 0.1 and stop the bot at the 3-4 m mark.
- Echo the odom topic:
rostopic echo /odom.
- Compare the pose of the updated odom with linear and angular bot travelled (offset 1-2%).
- Align the bot properly. Mark the spot where the bot will begin rotating.
- Restart the motors.
- Rotate the bot clockwise. Quaternion should be updated to negative.
- Restart the motor and rotate the bot anticlockwise. Quaternion should be updated to positive.
- Restart the motor. Rotate and stop the bot at the original marked spot.
- Make sure that the angular pose is a 0 rad change.